Proposal for future broker binary sharing: switch to docker images

Proposal for future broker binary sharing: switch to docker images

pascalwhoop
Hello everyone,
I wanted to hear what the opinions are for everyone to share their brokers with others. Is everyone still find with using .jar files? Some brokers already require extra libraries such as r or python. Some might soon deploy small databases etc.
generally I believe docker is a viable and easy to share format for this use case. I have made an example available, packaging some available brokers as well as the server in containers and booting them all up with one command. It’s available here:
https://github.com/pascalwhoop/powertac-container-runtime

I’d be happy to hear what others think.
Pascal