Public tournaments

Rod

Public tournaments

Rod
Dear John,

when will the public tournaments start?

Thanks,

Rod

Re: Public tournaments

Rod wrote
Dear John,

when will the public tournaments start?
The schedule is posted on the powertac.org site. We start on 24 September.

There should be public practice tournaments posted at Erasmus very soon. Perhaps Govert will respond with an update on that.

Re: Public tournaments

gbuijs
I'm ready to schedule some test games / tournements.

Any indication on how many brokers will be joining the tests?

Re: Public tournaments

HarryRose
Hi.

The SotonPower team would be interested in taking part in a trial run.  What will the format of these trials be?  Will it be like before where the trials were between an individual agent and the default broker, or will they likely be competitions with other powertac participants?
I think a mixture of the two would be good.

I'm not sure what timezones the rest of the participants are in, but in the UK it is currently 10PM and so I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow now. If you're planning on doing a trial with everybody, maybe it's a good idea to arrange a set of times next week, so everybody is forewarned of the trials.  I'd quite like to have some individual trials too so that I can ensure our agent is connects and communicates with the server correctly.

Please can you post the tournament scheduler URL once you've put some games up?

Thanks,
Harry

Re: Public tournaments

I can schedule a bunch of single-broker tournaments, so each participating broker can test communication. Each will have 3 games of broker vs default broker, with 1 broker instance needed.
I'll schedule them right now, and set the start at monday 12:00 UTC. If you want to run them at a different date/time, shoot me a email.

I'll think of a testing schedule with multiple tournaments for next week

The TS is now hosted in Rotterdam : http://wolf-08.fbk.eur.nl:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/index.xhtml.

Note : registration stops 1 hour before the start time of a tournament.

Note 2 : we don't have a permanent storage for the logfiles. I you need them for your research, make sure you download them regularly. During testing i might remove them when things change, as i'm still developing the TS.

Re: Public tournaments

HarryRose
Hi.

Thanks for scheduling some games.  For some reason it appears our agent isn't publishing tariffs when connected to the powertac tournament servers.  I'm investigating the cause now. However, when playing locally our agent seems to publish tariffs without a problem. I'll look into this and hopefully fix the problem soon.  Maybe we're not communicating the tariffs to the server in the correct way.

Please can you schedule some more games for later today or tomorrow for us to test with?

Thanks

Re: Public tournaments

gbuijs
Hi Harry,

Sure, there are 3 more tournaments for testing scheduled, start time sept 4, 12:00 UTC.
Just tell me when you're ready, and i can start then instantly.

Re: Public tournaments

HarryRose
Hi,

Please can you start test_0

Thanks,
Harry

Re: Public tournaments

HarryRose
Hi,

Thanks for that. We seem to be able to publish tariffs now -- a bug in our agent was the cause of the previous issues.  Is the visualiser outputting the correct game?  It has been showing timeslot 506 for a while now, and the debug output from our agent suggets that the game has ended.  Our agent is currently waiting for the third game to begin in test_0.

Harry