Question about PPlus and PMinus of DistributionService.

Question about PPlus and PMinus of DistributionService.

LEE SEHOON
Hello.

According to description of PPlus and PMinus,

  /**
   * Returns the current value of pPlus. This is the marginal cost for
   * up-regulating power. Value is normally negative, because brokers must
   * pay. Cost increases (becomes more negative) with quantity according
   * to pPlusPrime.
   */

  /**
   * Returns the current value of pMinus. This is the marginal cost for
   * down-regulation. Value is normally positive, because brokers are paid.
   * Cost increases with quantity (becomes less positive, eventually becoming
   * negative) with quantity accoring to the value of pMinusPrime.
   */

the broker get charged with PMinus when it has surplus power and PPlus when it has deficit power.

But ,as the below table, I think it is not working correctly. even though the broker has minus power (it means deficit) it is charged with PMinus value.

Is it right information?

p.s
Let me explain the attached table image.
Two columns labeled as 'getKWh' and 'getCharge/getKWh' are from the BalancingTransaction msg of MarketManagerService of broker and the other two columns labeled as 'getPPlus' and 'getPMinus' are from the DistributionUtilityService.java of distribution-utility.
And final 'isMatched' column was written by me. If it is 'O' when broker get charged as I thought, and 'X' when even though broker has deficit power(minus value of getKWh) it charged as 'getPMinus' not 'getPPlus'.

I have another question about '??' of 'isMatched' column at timeslot 421. getCharge/getKWh have to be always positive because the sign of getCharge and getKWh is same. But it is minus value (positive getCharge and negative getKWh). is it possible that two values have the different sign?

Re: Question about PPlus and PMinus of DistributionService.

LEE SEHOON wrote
the broker get charged with PMinus when it has surplus power and PPlus when it has deficit power.

But ,as the below table, I think it is not working correctly. even though the broker has minus power (it means deficit) it is charged with PMinus value.
The DU no longer uses PPlus and PMinus for balancing charges. Instead, it uses escalating prices for surplus and shortage, after resolving all the balancing orders using a VCG mechanism. The full details are in the updated game specification, which should be released in a few days. Some of the details are also in the wiki, under balancing orders and a slightly out-of-date description of the balancing market.

We apologize for the confusion, but this badly needed fixing to avoid rewarding brokers who do not seriously attempt to balance their portfolios.

John