Question about distribution fees

MDyshel
Hi all,

I have a question about the distribution fees in the game.

The javadoc for Distribution Transaction says:
    "The kWh is the total energy delivered,which is the sum of the positive net load of the broker's customers, and the positive net export of energy through the wholesale market. Negative values are ignored."

I'm not sure what "positive" means in this case... Does it mean the brokers are only charged for the energy they sell to consumption customers and the final wholesale balance (I looked at the distribution charges a bit, and from what I saw it looks like the kWh in distribution charge is the same as total consumption of my customers)? I'd appreciate a clarification on this matter.

Thank you,
Maria

Re: Question about distribution fees

On 04/04/2015 12:11 PM, MDyshel [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about the distribution fees in the game.
>
> The javadoc for Distribution Transaction says:
>     "The kWh is the total energy delivered,which is the sum of the
> positive net load of the broker's customers, and the positive net
> export of energy through the wholesale market. Negative values are
> ignored."
>
> I'm not sure what "positive" means in this case... Does it mean the
> brokers are only charged for the energy they sell to consumption
> customers and the final wholesale balance (I looked at the
> distribution charges a bit, and from what I saw it looks like the kWh
> in distribution charge is the same as total consumption of my
> customers)? I'd appreciate a clarification on this matter.

If your portfolio consumes 6 MW in timeslot n, and produces 3 MW, then
the positive net load is 3 MW. To that we add the final market position
for that timeslot only if it represents a net export of energy, which is
highly unlikely in this scenario. On the other hand, if your portfolio
consumed 3 MW and produced 6 MW, then the remainder would almost
certainly be exported, in which case the net load is also 3 MW. So you
would be charged for 3 MW in both of these scenarios. Balancing actions
can modify these numbers somewhat.

The idea is that you are not charged distribution fees for energy that
is both produced and consumed locally.

Does this make sense?

Re: Question about distribution fees

MDyshel