Questions about the upcoming rounds

turban
Hi,

I have some questions about the upcoming qualification rounds and final.

My first questions is about the final round, the schedule of AMEC/TADA doesn’t mention the final round? Is there a schedule for the final round?

My second questions regards the entrance fee, by when do I have to pay this fee? Also I wonder if the fee is refunded in some way if I (we) join the workshop.

Greetings,
Tobias Urban

Re: Questions about the upcoming rounds

Hello, Turban -

The schedule for the qualifying and final rounds is on the powertac.org website. Govert will send out a message when the tournament manager is ready to take registrations.

However, before you register on the powertac tournament manager, you need to sign up at tradingagents.org for TAC 2014.

Please note that fees are waived if your team sends a representative to the TADA workshop in Paris. If you cannot attend, then the fee is only due if you participate in the final round. It does not apply to the qualifying round. So if you are not able to get your agent working, you don't need to pay.

Does this make sense?

Re: Questions about the upcoming rounds

turban
Thanks for the information.

Re: Questions about the upcoming rounds

turban
Hi,

I just noticed, that next Monday (21.04.2014) is Easter Monday, a bank holiday in Germany. This means that our team will not be able to join the qualifications rounds on time.
Is there a big problem, if we would join the qualification round on Tuesday (22.03.2014)?

Greetings,
Tobias Urban

PS: Good luck in the upcoming rounds.

Re: Questions about the upcoming rounds

Hello Tobias, and all,

We have decided to move the start of the qualification round a day later, i.e. April 22nd, but we'll keep the end day, i.e. April 30th, the same. The finals will be held on May 5/6. Remember, that before signing up for the qualification / final rounds, you have to register at tradingagents.org

I'm looking forward to meet and discuss with you at the TADA workshop (http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/vr2/amectada2014/) on Monday, May 5th.

Cheers, and lots of success for Power TAC 2014!

Wolf