Registration open for Power TAC 2015

Dear all,

We have created a tournament for the qualifying round. Please go and register your agent at:

http://wolf-08.fbk.eur.nl:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/tournament.xhtml?tournamentId=1

The qualification round will take place from April 8th until April 17th and the final round will take place from April 27th until April 30th. You'll need two logged in agents.

We'll have a demo competition at AAMAS this year as well on May 4th & 5th. You'll need just one agent.

We are all looking forward to another great competition this year again!

Thanks much and best wishes for 2015,

Re: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

MDyshel
Thank you! Is the game specification for Power TAC 2015 available? Didn't find it on the Power TAC page...

Good luck to us all,
Maria

RE: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

Dear Maria and all,

Thanks for sending your message, Maria! We were just about to send out information regarding this.

For this year the specification will remain the same; we are planning to do this for the 2016 competition.

Cheers, and good luck for you all,

Wolf

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Registration-open-for-Power-TAC-2015-tp4025868p4025869.html

Re: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

MDyshel
I have a question considering the tournament rounds.

Will we need to manually log in the agents for each game in the qualifying/final round? I'm trying to understand if we'll need to follow the competition closely during all the days of the rounds, or we can make other arrangements for some of the days of the competition.

Thank you,
Maria

Re: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

Hello, Maria -

MDyshel wrote
Will we need to manually log in the agents for each game in the qualifying/final round? I'm trying to understand if we'll need to follow the competition closely during all the days of the rounds, or we can make other arrangements for some of the days of the competition.
The qualifying round will be a standard tournament setup, so broker login will be automatic. I guess the instructions for setting up your broker for tournament login are not quite as obvious as they should be. I will try to make this more obvious.

Re: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

MDyshel
Thank you for the answer, John!

Following the instructions, I understand that the only lines to be changed in the broker properties is the authtoken and the tourneyname fields? Other fields, such as jmsBrokerUrl, should remain the same?

A few other questions:
1) Are the two agents supposed to be two running copies of the same broker?
2) If a broker gets kicked out of the game because of code exception/internet problems, can we rerun him to log him back in to the next game?
3) Is there any possibility to follow the games during the tournament?

Thank you,
Maria

Re: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

gbuijs
Hi Maria,

You need change the following params to get the broker to connect to the TS:
- Make sure the username corresponds with the name of your broker in the TS.
  The name of your broker can be found on the account page.
  Password is ignored.
- tourneyName needs to be uncommented, and set to the name of the tournament (not the round or game).
  For the test tournament : 2015_test_1
- tourneyUrl should be set to : http://wolf-08.fbk.eur.nl:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/brokerLogin.jsp
The rest can remain untouched.

If the brokers are correctly connected to the TS, the will show up in 'Checkins' on the account page.
These show the elapsed times since one of your brokers pinged the TS (every 60 seconds).

1) Yes, the 2 agents should be identical copies of the same broker.
2) Yes, just restart the agent and it will automatically join the next game the broker is scheduled in.
3) Yes, there are visualizers running for each game.
    If you go the the landing page of the TS (http://wolf-08.fbk.eur.nl:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/index.xhtml) there will be a list of currently running and upcoming games.
    the link under 'Viz Link' redirects to the visualizer.

Cheers,

Govert

Re: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

Allenc
I am still new to Power TAC. May I ask what is the difference between qualifying round tournament, final tournament and demo competition at AAMAS. Thanks

Re: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

Jonathan
Hi. I am having an issue suscribing my broker. I created an account and set the contact information. As far as I know I am supposed to find the token and tournament url by clicking the Account button, but when I do so, I just get prompted to write the broker name again. Someone can tell me please if something is wrong? Thanks!

Re: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

Jonathan
Solved the problem. Seems like a cookies error. If anyone is having the same issue just logout, clear cookies and cache and then login again.

RE: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

Hello,

Qualifying round:

Broker testing – no impact on the final results – all brokers will come to the finals if they behave properly.

Final round:

This is where we determine the winner of Power TAC 2015. All game results count towards the final placement. The award ceremony will take at AAMAS 2015 in Istanbul (probably at the end of the AMEC/TADA workshop). Remember, it is not allowed to tune your agents during one round, but between rounds it is!

Demo competition:

A show competition for the attendees of AAMAS 2015. Usually, we have held the finals during the TADA workshop, but we decided to run the full tournament this time before the workshop, since we wanted to run more games for statistical significance and have robust internet connections for all teams.

I hope this helps.

I am still new to Power TAC. May I ask what is the difference between qualifying round tournament, final tournament and demo competition at AAMAS. Thanks

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Registration-open-for-Power-TAC-2015-tp4025868p4025957.html

RE: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

Hello again,

Just to clarify my previous message:

You can, of course, tune your agents as much as you want during the qualifying rounds. Just NOT during the finals.

Sorry for the confusion!

Wolf

I am still new to Power TAC. May I ask what is the difference between qualifying round tournament, final tournament and demo competition at AAMAS. Thanks

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Registration-open-for-Power-TAC-2015-tp4025868p4025957.html

RE: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

PowerTacAgentNtu
Hi,

I would like to ask when is qualifying round starting at? Online it says starting time: StartTime (UTC) : 2015-04-08 10:00, but now there is no game available.

Thanks.

NTU

RE: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

gbuijs
We're about to start, just working out some last-minute technical issues.

You should be able to start your broker, even though there aren't any games ready.

Re: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

PowerTacAgentNtu

Can I ask what is the tourneyName for qualifying  round?

NTU

We're about to start, just working out some last-minute technical issues.

You should be able to start your broker, even though there aren't any games ready.

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Registration-open-for-Power-TAC-2015-tp4025868p4025965.html
To start a new topic under Power TAC Developers, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Re: Registration open for Power TAC 2015

It's : 2015_Qualifying

The brokers can only log in with the tournament name.
Appending the round or level names breaks things.