Release 0.4 preview

I have prepared all the pieces of our "pilot" release 0.4. You can check it out by downloading the install script and running it as a groovy script.

From developers, I would like to know if you have updates ready but not yet pushed to master that should be in this release. The areas I am most concerned about are the demo agent, the customer model, and the weather service. The system works as is, but there are some features that I believe are very close to being ready. If they are not ready today, we'll just release 0.4 later today and then do a snapshot update in a few days.

From one or two developers or other interested folks, I would like a few people to try downloading the new package and let me know if you have problems. The instructions are pretty much the same as for 0.3, except that the new script does not take an argument. Note that it might be necessary to try starting the server (or the broker) twice in order to get Grails to resolve all the dependencies correctly.

Please let me know of your positive or negative experiences. Assuming all goes well, I'll post release notes later today or early tomorrow.

Re: Release 0.4 preview

achryso
I can try to fix the messaging of the bootstrap data but trying to create the generic customers and hat error on the server yesterday have taken too much of my time. I don't know what else I may do to help the customer models except for the performance issue (that cannot and should not be fixed in haste).

Hopefully I may have something ready tomorrow. But I don't want to delay the release.

Antonios