Release Announcement: Power TAC server and sample broker version 1.4.2

Release Announcement: Power TAC server and sample broker version 1.4.2

Today I have completed the release of version 1.4.2 of the Power TAC server and sample broker. Release notes and download links are available on the participant's wiki.

This version adds the ability to run a broker behind a proxy, corrects the wholesale market supply curve, and fixes a couple minor bugs. We expect to use this version for the qualifying and final rounds of the 2017 tournament. If you have been using the 1.4.2-SNAPSHOT version, this release is identical to the most recent snapshot.

Although this version includes an updated sample broker, it's not necessary to re-build your brokers unless you need the proxy feature. If your broker is built with a version of broker-core (or common) older than 1.4.1, it should be re-built with the dependencies in sample-broker/pom.xml. Specifically, the parent should be powertac-parent 1.4.2, and you should have a dependency on broker-core 1.4.2. Of course, you should test it if you re-build.

As always, please let us know if you run into problems with this release. Good luck in the competition!