Release announcement: Power TAC server and sample broker 0.6.1

Release announcement: Power TAC server and sample broker 0.6.1

Today I have completed the release of version 0.6.1 of the Power TAC simulation server and the sample broker framework. This release includes an embedded version of the Visualizer, and it resolves the stability issues that caused problems in the June competition. Full release notes are available on the participant's wiki.

There are two other components, the "remote" version of the Visualizer, and the Tournament Manager. We have updated the interaction protocols among all four components to avoid most or perhaps all of the DDOS problems we had in Valencia, and we are doing some polishing and configuration to get the full tournament infrastructure running at RSM in Rotterdam. We hope to start hosting test tournaments in a week or two; further announcements will be posted to this list.

You will need to upgrade your brokers to the new framework. We have carefully avoided modifying domain code in the broker, so you should be able to drop the new core package into your existing broker. The biggest changes include the new interaction model with the Tournament Manager and server, and the ability to run multiple sessions without the need to use a shell script or other hack.

As always, we invite your comments and suggestions. We apologize for missing the 7/16 date, but felt it would be far better to deliver something stable and avoid further needless confusion.

Re: Release announcement: Power TAC server and sample broker 0.6.1

Followup: I have posted new download packages for release 0.6.1, and I have removed the SNAPSHOT packages to avoid confusion.

John