Roles and Responsibilities of Server Components

Roles and Responsibilities of Server Components

Carsten Block

thanks for the write-up. The thing that's really unclear to me is the local startup scenario. I understand that you want to have this functionality in order to be able to test a certain competition setting (particular brokers, particular market rules, particular initial random seeds) in many repeated simulation runs.

If this is the case I would assume that you want to have a *single* "compact" code package (i.e. server and brokers in one single jar file) that can be executed through a single shell command so that you can possible put it into a grid computing environment for parallel execution on many different machines. Is that right?

Or is it merely that you want to be able to give the server in "local mode" a kind of config file that specifies several different competion scenarios and that the server then takes up and executes consecutively using different (remote) brokers running on different machines (as in the "competition mode")?

Cheers,
Carsten

Out of Office AutoReply: Roles and Responsibilities of Server Components

Out of Office AutoReply: Roles and Responsibilities of Server Components

Hello,

I'm currently out of the office. I'll be back in the office on Monday, 22 November 2010.  Until then I will read my mail only sporadically or not at all. Your mail is not forwarded. If you need immediate assistance please contact Cheryl Eiting ([hidden email]). If it requires a reply, I will do so after I return to the office.

Best,

Wolf Ketter

Disclaimer
De informatie verzonden in dit e-mail bericht inclusief de bijlage(n) is vertrouwelijk en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde van dit bericht. Lees verder: http://www.eur.nl/email-disclaimer.