Run Visualizer Remotely

Jonathan
Hi all. Someone has tried to run the visualizer remotely? I am running some experiments and I´ve used the visualizer locally. However I run some other experiments on a remote server with a fixed public IP that works as a web server. I am wondering if there is some way to configure the visualizer to run over a different port than 8080 to be able to use the visualizer remotely? Is there another way to do this?

Thank you very much. Have a good day.

Re: Run Visualizer Remotely

Hello, Jonathan -

Jonathan wrote
Someone has tried to run the visualizer remotely? I am running some experiments and I´ve used the visualizer locally. However I run some other experiments on a remote server with a fixed public IP that works as a web server. I am wondering if there is some way to configure the visualizer to run over a different port than 8080 to be able to use the visualizer remotely? Is there another way to do this?
I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Do you want to run the visualizer in a different process or on a different host from the sim? That's how the tournament setup works, but it's not that easy to set up manually. All the mechanics and config options for it are in the tournament manager.

Or do you simply want the visualizer to listen on a different port from 8080? If that's the case, then it should be enough to modify the pom.xml that's running jetty (it's probably the one in server-distribution) to specify a different port. Instructions for doing that are on the jetty-maven-plugin page. I have not tried it, but I suspect it's just another line in the build section under jetty-maven-plugin.

Did I guess right with one of these?

Re: Run Visualizer Remotely

Jonathan
Hi John. Precisely I am trying to listen on a different port than 8080.

I found this code on server-distribution pom.xml. As you say it looks like I have to use the jetty documentation here to configure a different port. Thank you!

<plugin>
            <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
            <artifactId>jetty-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>8.1.8.v20121106</version>
            <configuration>
              <webApp>
                <contextPath>/visualizer</contextPath>
              </webApp>
              <classesDirectory>
                ${project.build.directory}/visualizer/WEB-INF/classes
              </classesDirectory>
              <webAppSourceDirectory>
                ${project.build.directory}/visualizer
              </webAppSourceDirectory>
            </configuration>
</plugin>

Re: Run Visualizer Remotely

gbuijs
You can give the port as a command line argument.

mvn -Pweb -D jetty.port=9999