Stable release?

oliparson
Hi all,

Sounds like the PowerTAC development is going well. Just wondering, I have today's date written down as the aim for a stable release, is this still the plan or do you have another date you're aiming for?

Cheers,
Oli

Re: Stable release?

oliparson wrote
Sounds like the PowerTAC development is going well. Just wondering, I have today's date written down as the aim for a stable release, is this still the plan or do you have another date you're aiming for?
Oli and all -

Yes, today was our target date. We have made considerable progress on the two big stability issues, which were related to the component interaction design, but they took much longer than we expected. The broker interaction is done and working, and the visualizer interaction will follow the same pattern. There are a number of smaller issues as well, and we are concentrating on the ones that you will be able to see. It will take a few more days, but it will definitely be done well before 1 August - probably a week or so. My strong preference is to release when it's ready, rather than by the calendar. We all are very strongly motivated to finish, because it will presumably be the end of some insane hours.

In the meantime, you can pull down the updated sample-broker framework and adapt it; we will try to avoid further changes. You will need to pull down your own copy of common as well, at least for the time being.

Re: Stable release?

oliparson
Hi John,

Thanks for the update, it sounds like the development is going well. Also, we're in full agreement that you should only make a release when it's ready.

I think the Southampton team will wait until the stable release before we put all our efforts into it, and look forward to hearing from you when it's ready.

Thanks,
Oli