Status of new server

Carsten Block
Administrator
...sorry. Old mailinglist

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Von: Carsten Block
> Datum: 29. November 2010 07:45:05 MEZ
> An: TAC Energy Developers <[hidden email]>
> Betreff: Status of new server
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> after another coding week in Karlsruhe, the six of us (Chris Flath, Alex Schuller, Jens Ilg, David Dauer, Daniel Schnurr, and me) managed to set up the skeleton of our new server. Currently it is running almost empty with only two demo modules (plug-ins) in it and you can check it out from https://github.com/powertac/server Installation instructions are in the corresponding github wiki.
>
> Also in the wiki, we described the different roles, we condensed out of all the existing descriptions in our papers and in the old wikia wiki.  Last not least we are currently in the process of detailing the server communication, describing e.g. which types of messages a broker can send to the server, how these are then handled and what types of responses a broker may expect.
>
> We're not yet finished with that work, still I would suggest that we hold a developer meeting where we talk about the current state and next steps. If we use our adobe live connect server, everybody who is interested can join in. Would This Friday, 4pm CET would be okay?
>
> Very soon we will also have demo modules (plug-ins) for all competition roles available, that basically show interested developers how to handle incoming messages (say as an auctioneer, or as a small household customer) and how to react to these. This will be the point where we can really parallelize work again.
>
> Best,
> Carsten

Re: Status of new server

ddauer
In addition to demo implementations of the core role modules, we will also provide a module that integrates Repast Simphony 2.0, which is due to be released this or next week according to the repast-interest mailing list.

Cheers,
David

Re: Status of new server

ddauer
We're not yet finished with that work, still I would suggest that we hold a developer meeting where we talk about the current state and next steps. If we use our adobe live connect server, everybody who is interested can join in. Would This Friday, 4pm CET would be okay?

I created a Doodle at http://doodle.com/xfx35idakfu2zwfd. Please add yourself until Wednesday if you're interested.

Cheers,
David

Re: Status of new server

On 11/29/2010 08:40 AM, ddauer [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:
>     We're not yet finished with that work, still I would suggest that we
>     hold a developer meeting where we talk about the current state and
>     next steps. If we use our adobe live connect server, everybody who
>     is interested can join in. Would This Friday, 4pm CET would be okay?
>

> I created a Doodle at http://doodle.com/xfx35idakfu2zwfd. Please add
> yourself until Wednesday if you're interested.

I am not available at all on Thursday, but Friday is good.