There are some profits outliers on the games

There are some profits outliers on the games

Ansel
There are some profits outliers on the games. I have no explanation for outliers profits:

19504598 on game 139
12292806 on game 103
12855310 on game 103

Re: There are some profits outliers on the games

Jonathan
Just a screenshot about what Ansel said. Some brokers are getting very high profits on certain games.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wkcohkn19cjtap/Screenshot%20from%202015-04-30%2009-18-11.png?dl=0

Re: There are some profits outliers on the games

I do not understand this plot. I'm looking through the game results and I don't see exactly which games are the outliers. For example, I don't see any completed games between 71 and 77 in which Agent UDE played.

Thanks.

John

On 04/30/2015 10:29 AM, Jonathan [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:
Just a screenshot about what Ansel said. Some brokers are getting very high profits on certain games.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wkcohkn19cjtap/Screenshot%20from%202015-04-30%2009-18-11.png?dl=0

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/There-are-some-profits-outliers-on-the-games-tp4026000p4026001.html

AW: There are some profits outliers on the games

turban

Hey John,

I think the outliers occur in game 139  and game 103. I have no idea what the abscissa in the graph should tell us.

Cheers,

Tobias

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/There-are-some-profits-outliers-on-the-games-tp4026000p4026002.html

Re: There are some profits outliers on the games

Ansel
The plot contains the profits of games of round 3 (3 brokers per game). Then the game  37  and 73 of the plot (round 3) are the games 38+65=103 and 74+65=139.

Re: There are some profits outliers on the games

serkan
I have just looked at the log. In game 139, COLDPower revoked all of its tariffs at ts 600. Probably due to a disconnection problem. Meanwhile, Mertacor had only one tariff at 0.45 . After that AgentUDE used that opportunity by competing with Mertacor. Thats all.

Re: There are some profits outliers on the games

Ansel
Thanks Serkan,

Definitely a great opportunity used by UDE

ColdPower does not revoke tariffs, then the probability of disconnection is 1.
However, disconnection problem is a rare situation (but not impossible), because to avoid a disconnection problem, the COLDPower server was moved to the place of the main Internet servers of the institute, after the qualification round.

We will look at the game log 103 (cwiBroker, Mertacor, Sharpy) where Mertacor is the common factor and cwiBroker and Sharpy obtained about 12 million (the other profits outliers).

regards

Ansel.

Re: There are some profits outliers on the games

Jonathan
I rechecked the code and ColdPWR has not the ability to revoke all the tariffs! We have still to check about the disconnection problem. Thanks guys.