Tournament Configuration

bunnieNTU
This post was updated on .
Hello, everyone,

I am a bit confused about the tournament configuration I should put in the files. May I know what I should put for tourneyName? (Is the "PowerTAC_2018_Trial_1_level_0" correct for trial 1?) In addition, in the "Tournament Scheduler" page, it is stated that "During the tournament you will need to have 2 (identical) broker instances running." May I know whether the 2 brokers should have the same tourneyUrl and authToken

# --------- tournament configuration ------------
#samplebroker.core.powerTacBroker.tourneyName = PowerTAC_2018_Trial_1_level_0
#samplebroker.core.powerTacBroker.tourneyUrl = http://192.168.3.101:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/brokerLogin.jsp
samplebroker.core.powerTacBroker.authToken = aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lastly, may I know whether I am correct to put "tcp://localhost:61616" in the following parameter?
# -------------- JMS -------------------
samplebroker.core.jmsManagementService.jmsBrokerUrl = tcp://localhost:61616

Thanks for reading my message and sorry for bringing up so many questions. This is my first time joining this competition, still exploring how to correctly connect during the competition.

Re: Tournament Configuration

Yes, both broker have identical settings for connecting to the TS.
You need to remove the '#' before the tourneyName and tourneyUrl.
The username, authToken and tourneyUrl can remain the same for the whole period.

- The tournament name is without the level part, so for the first trial :
 PowerTAC_2018_Trial_1
- The tourneyUrl should point to the TS :
 http://ts.powertac.org:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/brokerLogin.jsp
- The authToken should be your brokers authToken as can be seen on your account page.
(This should be kept secret, else you allow other to impersonate your broker.
You can change the token on the account page).
- The username must be set to the name of your broker :
 Bunnie
- No need to edit the jmsBrokerUrl, this will be set via the TS.

Once you've set these parameters and started your broker, you should see the CheckIns on your account page.

Cheers,

Govert

Re: Tournament Configuration

bunnieNTU