Unable to perform mvn clean test on sample broker

Unable to perform mvn clean test on sample broker

Shirlee01
Downloaded the lastest version of the sample broker and tried to perform "mvn clean test" on it, however a persistent exception keeps appearing.

First, a warning shows up:
[WARNING] The POM for org.junit.jupiter:junit:jar:5.3.1 is missing, no dependency information available

After that, build failure and the following error occurs:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project sample-broker: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.powertac:sample-broker:jar:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.junit.jupiter:junit:jar:5.3.1 in sonatype (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/) -> [Help 1]

Anyone have an idea what's the issue?

Re: Unable to perform mvn clean test on sample broker

It seems nobody ever answered this -- we apologize.
Shirlee01 wrote
Downloaded the latest version of the sample broker and tried to perform "mvn clean test" on it, however a persistent exception keeps appearing.

First, a warning shows up:
[WARNING] The POM for org.junit.jupiter:junit:jar:5.3.1 is missing, no dependency information available

After that, build failure and the following error occurs:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project sample-broker: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.powertac:sample-broker:jar:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.junit.jupiter:junit:jar:5.3.1 in sonatype (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/) -> [Help 1]

Anyone have an idea what's the issue?
Have you tried again? Do you have current installations of Maven and Java 11? The error message is very strange; maven should not be looking for org.junit.jupiter:junit:jar:5.3.1 at all. It should be looking for junit-jupiter 5.5.1.

If this persists, I suggest pulling down the latest sample-broker package from github and clearing out ~/.m2/repository/org/powertac.

I hope this clears up your problem if you haven't already solved it.

Re: Unable to perform mvn clean test on sample broker

Shirlee01
Hi, I managed to circumvent this issue by repositioning the environment variables in my machine. To be exact, I shifted the PATH for JDK11 to the very top/first. Not sure why exactly did it solve this issue, but the problem went away after that.