Updated common module available, not deployed

Updated common module available, not deployed

Dear Colleagues -

One of the teams ran into a problem with their broker due to a late change in the common module that was deployed a few days ago. The problem is explained in Issue #820. Basically, I was rushed and failed to maintain backward compatibility when I made changes in common to address Issue #795. The broker in question was presumably using TariffEvaluationHelper to analyze competing tariffs.

I have implemented a fix to restore the original API. It is available on github, but I hesitate to deploy it because doing so may cause problems with the ongoing qualifying round. In the meantime, if you want the updated version to work with your broker, you may download the zip, unpack it, do mvn clean install in your local environment, and then re-build your broker.

I apologize for my error, and I am grateful to the person who pointed it out.

Thanks.

Re: Updated common module available, not deployed

WCon
Dear John,

well, we had problems too (fixed for the currently running broker 07.04.2015 13:11 CEST, on the morning where the qualifier should have started, 'cause the broker didn't compile upon deployment ;).

The fix is probably not very cleverly done by using Instant time = timeService.getCurrentTime() to set the start time and making the timeService availble in the routines using evaluateCost. We not really use the stuff around this currently, so being clever is not an issue now.

Of course, I would prefer to not having to change the broker back again, but, heh, sh... happens, so if you prefer to go ahead pushing your changes to the SNAPSHOT, do it and we will cope with it.

One the other hand: if the other team wants to see how we fixed the call to evaluateCost in some more detail, I can share what I did with them (and, sometimes later, I will try to understand which Instants should really be used in our context; as I said, not an issue now).

Wolfram

Re: Updated common module available, not deployed

Hello, Wolfram -

The change does not require you do anything. It just restores the functionality of the original API, in addition to the new API. So if you had not updated your broker already, the fix would have made it compile correctly again.

The new API recognizes that many customer models do not, in fact, generate their evaluation profiles starting in the following timeslot. So the caller now gets to specify the start time of the profile. That's the only change.

I hope this makes it a bit more clear.

On 04/09/2015 11:09 AM, WCon [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:
[...]

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Updated-common-module-available-not-deployed-tp4025969p4025970.html

Re: Updated common module available, not deployed

Ansel
Hi Jhon,

When we call to the method brokerContext.getBroker().getCashBalance() on PortfolioManagerService for all timeSlots return 0. For this reason Currently we compute the cashBalance using our own data structures and classes.

I dont now if there are other form to obtains de CashBalance of our broker.

Re: Updated common module available, not deployed

Hello, Ansel -
Ansel wrote
When we call to the method brokerContext.getBroker().getCashBalance() on PortfolioManagerService for all timeSlots return 0. For this reason Currently we compute the cashBalance using our own data structures and classes.

I dont now if there are other form to obtains de CashBalance of our broker.
This sounds like a bug. I have created Issue #821 to track it. If you like, you can subscribe to the issue to track progress. Thanks for reporting it.

In the meantime, it should be easy to write a handler for the CashPosition message type. I checked a recent broker log, and it appears that a CashPosition message arrives near the end of every timeslot.

John