Usage od periodic payment in tariffs?

Sinisa Matetic
Hi John,

I am just curious about the usage of periodic payments in tariffs. Was the issue fixed in evaluation, and as an agreement from the last year we agreed not to use it in future games?

I can observe that in the April trials brokers have tariffs with low cost for energy but some periodic payments (which is by all means more expensive for the customer). It seems so, that the customers switch to these tariffs which results in uneven and "nor fair" profit.

BR,

Sinisa Matetic

Re: Usage od periodic payment in tariffs?

Manuel
As far as I know the known bug was for sign up fees. But there is definitely something wrong with periodic payment evaluation as well. My broker offers different tariffs: high energy cost and low periodic payments for small customers and vice versa for large customers. The small customers don't seem to care about the large periodic cost and sign up for the more expensive tariffs.

Re: Usage od periodic payment in tariffs?

Sinisa Matetic
Yes, our team also observed that... definitely a (new) flaw in the simulation, and customer evaluation...

Re: Usage of periodic payment in tariffs?

Sinisa Matetic wrote
I can observe that in the April trials brokers have tariffs with low cost for energy but some periodic payments (which is by all means more expensive for the customer). It seems so, that the customers switch to these tariffs which results in uneven and "nor fair" profit.
Thanks for bringing this up. We re-wrote this section last fall, so it is supposed to work. Could you please give me a couple of example tariffs that I can add to our test suite that you think are being incorrectly evaluated?

Also, do you know which customers are making this mistake? The factored-customer models (Brookside, Centerville, Frosty Storage, Medical Center, etc.) use a slightly different tariff-evaluation scheme than the household (Villages) and officecomplex models.

Also, we are again revising tariff evaluation (details on the wiki) to better handle signup/withdrawal costs, and to more fairly compare the option of not switching against alternatives. We should have it working in another couple of weeks. We would appreciate any feedback you might want to add.

Thanks.

Re: Usage of periodic payment in tariffs?

Sinisa Matetic
after the tournament ends I will give you the full report, but for now, basicaly every tariff with periodic payment is more or less badly evaluated...

some tariffs have the periodic payments set to 10-15 euros, and give energy practically for bargain... and customers consider these tariffs better...but paying 15 euros for energy per day plus the price kwh does not make any sence...

If you see any of the visualizers...you will observe many irregularities...For example, broker earns 800k euros in 2-3 days of game?! and does not have the biggest share on the market (so the customer number is not even close to the biggest share that another broker has)