Use of domain-data repository

When I set up the repositories, I wrote a one-sentence description of the purpose of each repo in the README files. The domain-data repo is for data elements that are shared among distributed elements of the system - specifically, the server, the broker, the web front-end, and the visualizer. This separation is necessary to manage dependencies and avoid duplication among the separate elements, which are being built with different frameworks and potentially different programming languages.

At this point, I see several of these types in the server hierarchy, where they will be inaccessible to the broker. Specifically, if the broker and server need to share the definition of Command and Tariff, then those types need to be in the domain-data repository.

Re: Use of domain-data repository

ddauer
John,

no need to worry, we are aware of that. We already have a self-contained commons package which will just need to be moved. We didn't want to focus on getting that done before we've finished working out the core parts.

I will nevertheless try to get this done later this evening.

- David

View message @ http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Use-of-domain-data-repository-tp2028263p2028263.html

On 12/06/2010 01:17 PM, ddauer [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:
> John,
>
> no need to worry, we are aware of that. We already have a self-contained
> commons package which will just need to be moved. We didn't want to
> focus on getting that done before we've finished working out the core parts.
>
> I will nevertheless try to get this done later this evening.

Good. I've been fighting that problem in the SCM setup for several
years, and I've seen it done wrong in several other systems.

John