Visualizers during the demo competition

Daniel
Hi,

During the coming demo competition, would game-visualizers be available only during a running game, or also after a game is over?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Visualizers during the demo competition

Daniel
PS
In case the game visualizer would not be active after a game is over, is there a way to load a server log into the visualizer?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Visualizers during the demo competition

Daniel wrote
During the coming demo competition, would game-visualizers be available only during a running game, or also after a game is over?
Govert can correct me if I am wrong about this, but here's the way I think it works:

1. There is a limited number of machines for running simulations (probably five or six), and for each sim host there's a visualizer.
2. When a game starts on a host, its visualizer syncs up with it and starts displaying the game.
3. When a game ends, its visualizer should remain available with the data from the completed game, until a new game starts up on its host.
4. Depending on the schedule and available resources, the minimum time between games on a given host is a few minutes, probably less than 10 minutes. But it could be considerably longer than that.

Does this answer your question?

Re: Visualizers during the demo competition

Daniel wrote
PS
In case the game visualizer would not be active after a game is over, is there a way to load a server log into the visualizer?
There is currently no wrapper for the log-analysis tool to do that, but since the visualizer lives off the message stream between the server and brokers, and since the state log captures that stream, it should be easy to make it work.

I invite a volunteer to tackle this. If you are interested, let me know, and I'll help you get started.