Weather Service is Down?

frankyn
Hi,

I'm attempting to run a few experiments, but the service seems to be down. Is there an offline alternative for such situations?

Thank you,
Frank N.

RE: Weather Service is Down?

Hi Frank,

Last night there were network problems at Erasmus. They are fixing them as I type and should soon be up again.

I'm attempting to run a few experiments, but the service seems to be down. Is there an offline alternative for such situations?

Thank you,
Frank N.

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Weather-Service-is-Down-tp4026173.html

RE: Weather Service is Down?

frankyn
Thank you! By chance is there an offline alternative that can be used for such situations?

Frank N.

RE: Weather Service is Down?

gbuijs
Hi Frank,

The service is back up.

If you want to download the data for offline use, there's a python script :
https://github.com/powertac/powertac-weather-server/blob/master/scripts/create_sim_weather.py

You probably need to fiddle with it a bit to get it working.
And then you can use the file with the --weather-data option.
Make sure the weather dates of the file correspond with the dates of the simulation.

Cheers,

Govert

RE: Weather Service is Down?

frankyn
Hi Govert,

Thanks for letting me know and for your help!

Frank N.

RE: Weather Service is Down?

frankyn
I believe it has gone down again.

Frank N.

RE: Weather Service is Down?

gbuijs
http://weather.powertac.org:8080/WeatherServer/faces/index.xhtml seems to be working from here.

Anyone else have problems reaching the service?

RE: Weather Service is Down?

frankyn
Sorry about that, it worked a little while after.

Thank you,
Frank N.

RE: Weather Service is Down?

turban
Hey,

it seams that the service is down again. :(

cheers, tobias

RE: Weather Service is Down?

erikkemperman
Erasmus University is having a major outage this morning... They estimate at least a few more hours of downtime, as of half an hour ago.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

RE: Weather Service is Down?

gbuijs
It's back up again.