connecting to the java server

Bart Ariens
dear all,

first of all happy new year,

I am designing a bidding strategy on the wholesale strategy and I have not much time left to test my theory. I'm a business administration student and I'm just a novice java programmer, therefore adjusting an existing demo agent is my preferable method. Since the powertac java demo agent is still in development, I tried to use the BrokerEE java demo broker designed by: Mykolas Molis, and got it working after some trial and error. However this is designed to communicate with the Grails 0.4 server and I can't get it connected to the java powertac-server

I was wondering if someone already made some process connecting to the new java server, or was able to convert the grails demo broker or preferably the BrokerEE java demo broker (which is quite easy to understand for me) to connect with this server. An other option is the comment of John I saw on this forum which stated that it is possible to design an agent by adding a module to the powertac server, although I can add an extra module, I still don't understand how to communicate with the server.

thank you for your time,

bart

Re: connecting to the java server

nhartlie
Dear Bart,

I don't know wether this is applicable for your situation or not, but the grails-demo-agent is able to communicate to the new version of the server (so the java version) but see http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Problems-running-sim-or-bootstrap-mode-of-the-Server-td3617034.html

Otherwise there are two possibilities how agents can communicate to the server:
1) As the demo agent, most brokers communicate via JMS
2) As you already noticed, there is the possibility to create an agent that is designed as a local plugin, so the communication does not use JMS. (Unfortunatly I don't have any experiences with that)

Hope this helps,

cheers Nikolaus